The industry’s first software-based CMTS
Featuring the industry’s first software-based Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS), the first end-to-end Remote PHY system, and leading RF port density, the end-to-end CableOS solution provides cable operators with unprecedented scalability, agility and cost savings.
CableOS® Core software serves as the heart of the solution, performing all CMTS functions, including common control, management and forwarding of IP traffic across the cable access network. The high-performance software is capable of processing tens of gigs of capacity per rack unit. All DOCSIS-related applications, such as DSG and PacketCable, are supported, as are IPv4 and IPv6 services.
In this datasheet, learn more about CableOS Core features, such as:
- Sustainable capacity growth over the long term
- End-to-end support for centralized and distributed architectures
- Enables the migration to multi-gigabit broadband capacity
- Supports fast deployment of new IP-based data, video and voice services
- Leverages latest technology innovations, including full-spectrum DOCSIS 3.1 and NFV