Virtual reality (VR) is a hot topic with video enthusiasts. Goldman Sachs predicts that the VR sector will be worth $80 billion by 2025. However, before mass adoption can occur, the industry needs to address several important issues, including the availability of compelling content, support for live applications, quality of experience (QoE), bandwidth and use of untethered consumer devices.
In this eBook, learn more about VR, including:
- The challenges and opportunities, both real and virtual
- How Content and TV companies are testing the VR waters
- Whether VR will require network upgrades
- VR viewing experiences powered by the Harmonic Pure Compression EngineTM
- How the VR market might evolve